Reliance JIO launched last year in India bringing the revolution in the mobile network industry. The telecom company introduced preview offer in which you could access unlimited 4G internet + calls + SMS. At the initial stage, this offer was limited JioFi (portable hotspot device) and LyF mobiles only. Although later on the offer was extended to other devices too.
Before the introduction of Reliance JioFi device, people could not even think of accessing high-speed WiFi while they are traveling. This device currently holds a massive number of active users who use Reliance JIO sim installed in JioFi device. There are many variants available in JioFi devices, which can connect at least 10 devices + 1 USB connect simultaneously. While some upper models have the capacity to connect much more devices.
Being a popular tech device, a lot of people ask questions about JioFI. However, we didn’t find any perfect JioFi FAQs page for this device. So, we thought to research and collect frequently asked questions around the web and answer them down in this page itself.
JioFi Portable WiFi Device FAQs
Q: What is JioFi?
JioFi is a portable hotspot device with which you can access high speed 4G internet + calls and SMS using Jio4GVoice application.
Q: What is the price of JioFi device?
The JioFi portable hotspot device along with starter kit is priced at Rs 1,999.
Q: From where I can buy JioFi?
The device can be bought online and is available in all Reliance Digital Store and DX mini stores?
Q: What do I get with JioFi started kit?
You will get a JioFI portable device, Jio GST software solution (1 year), 25GB data (1 year) + Unlimited voice calls, Billing and management application. Doorstep activations are available in most of the cities in India.
ALSO READ: JioFiDongle.Local.Html: Learn How to Configure JioFi Dongle or JioFi Router Properly.
Q: How to get a Jio Sim?
In order to get Jio sim for your JioFi device, you need to submit your proof of identity and address documents in Reliance digital store.
Q: How much time it takes for Jio sim to activate?
Typically it doesn’t take more than 15 minutes once you do KYC using your aadhar card.
Q: How Many devices I can connect at a time to JioFi Router?
JioFi device allows you to connect up to 31 devices. However, it is not recommended to connect more than 10 devices at once.
Q: Can I connect JioFi device to PC using USB cable?
Yes, JioFi has a USB Slot to tether the internet on your desktop or laptop.
Q: I can see lights on JioFi device, what are they for?
The lights on the JioFi device are indicators for WiFi connectivity status, battery, and 4G signal connectivity.
Q: Can I connect JioFi with non-4G devices?
Yes, you can connect any Wi-Fi compatible device to access the high-speed 4G internet using JioFi.
Q: What is the battery capacity of JioFi device?
JioFi device comes with a battery capacity of 2300mAh battery.
Q: How long can JioFi battery last while in use?
The battery of JioFi device can last up to 6 hours of continuous usage.
Q: How much time does it take to charge JioFi device?
It takes approx 3 hours to completely charge the JioFi device.
Q: How to use JioFi device?
- Insert battery and Jio sim in your JioFi device.
- Turn on WiFi on your smartphone or PC.
- Find JioFi hotspot.
- Connect to the JioFi using the password mentioned at the back of the battery cover.
Q: How to make calls using JioFi?
- Install “Jio4GVoice” application on your smartphone.
- Connect with JioFi using Wi-Fi.
- You can now make calls using Jio4Gvoice application itself.
Q: How to change settings of JioFi device?
To change the configuration of JioFi device you need to open the JioFi Web configuration panel at jiofi.local.html.
Q: How to access JioFi Web configuration panel?
- Connect JioFI with your PC/Smartphone.
- Open a Web browser and enter http://jiofi.local.html/index.html in the address bar.
Q: How to change WiFi password of JioFi device?
- Open web configuration panel on your PC/Smartphone while it is connected to JioFi.
- Navigate to “Settings” tab.
- Now Select “WiFi”
- Find security key field and enter the new password.
- Then click on apply and update.
Q: How to allow or deny a device to connect with JioFi using mac address?
- Open web configuration panel on your web browser.
- Navigate to “Settings” tab.
- Select “Network” from the menu.
- Select “enable” in “Mac address filter”.
- Now you can either choose “allow” or “deny” under “Mac address filter mode”.
- Click the add button and you can add mac address from the list of users.
- You can also enable disable the status from the same page.
- Click on submit to add it to the list.
These were the frequently asked questions about JioFi device, we tried to add the most common questions which you might encounter while using JioFi. If you still have any questions unanswered then please ask them down in the comments. We love to hear from our users, drop down your thoughts in the comments field.